Friday, September 18, 2009

Recipe Exchange Lunch & Coupon Tips

On October 15th, you're all invited to my house for a recipe exchange lunch. Here's how it works:
  • First, pick a recipe that fits in the theme. This month's theme is Fall Foods. You can pick any fall food you want, except dessert. I think if it's open to dessert, we'll end up with all desserts and nothing for lunch. And while that might be fun, let's not do that. I'll provide the dessert. Since it's my house, I can break the rules. :)
  • Second, make copies of the recipe to pass out to everyone who comes.

  • Third, make your food and bring enough to share with everyone.

That's it. Easy enough, right? I think if it works well this time, we can try to do it every couple of months. We can take turns hosting, and the host gets to pick the theme and the rules. And kids are definitely welcome at these lunches.

This time we'll also be exchanging tips on using coupons to get the most from our grocery budgets. If this sounds boring to you, well, come anyway and just ignore the coupon chat. ;)

I'll be sending out an email with my address and directions to my house. If you don't get an email, then you're not on my email list. Leave a comment with your email address or have your husband get it to my husband at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment